Saturday, March 27, 2010

Clearing the site has started

Grace and Mia visited us this weekend, so we took a ride up to Kent to meet Wes and see how the clearing was going.  Here's a group shot at the top of the hill.   This is after I made Grace, Mia and Kim climb through the mud to get to a 'better' vantage point.  Even though I didn't admit it to them at the time, it was the same view they could see from the other side of the muddy ravine I made them go through .... oh well ...


Lee, from Rock On was hampered a bit last week with the rain and mud, but is making steady progress.   Unfortunately, as we thought, Lee discovered a lot of ledge on the site, and now we must blast.  The good thing is it might mean a full basement under the entire house (versus a partial full basement and a crawl space) and it will mean that we'll have some rock to use for retaining walls.

The really bad part about this blasting is that I won't be around for the next two weeks and wanted to see it.  I guess I can't put the project on hold, but I'm hoping someone can video the event for the blog.

Below is a shot of the clearing on top of the hill, minus the group shot.


And here is a picture of the type of equipment Lee and Rock On are using to clear things.  What I didn't get a picture of is the mountain of wood chips that we now have from the cleared trees.


 When we were leaving the site, we looked back and took this picture of some rock outcroppings that will be up near the house.  We'll be incorporating these into the lower patio.



No comments:

Post a Comment