Sunday, September 5, 2010

We came up to the site Saturday and the Two Brothers truck was parked in our driveway. These are the guys that are building our chimney, fireplaces and retaining walls.
I went in and introduced myself and the first thing I found out was, that it's not really Two Brothers, it Two Brothers, One Cousin and One Brother In Law. I guess the name was already too established to change. The guys were happy to pose for a picture .....

... as long as we posted a second one showing the company name on the back of their shirt. I guess our blog is starting to gain a reputation as a real go-to site for people who are building houses in Kent and everyone wants to advertise ... or it was a polite way for them to turn their back and go back to work.

To the left is the basement fireplace. It's 18" deep. When I saw how deep it was I ran up stairs to find out how deep the upstairs fireplace was going to be. They told me 24" .... just like in the plan. I got the message.

Two Brothers also built up the wall on the south side of the house and will be putting Blue Stone on top so Lee can then backfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment