Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Getting ready to put in the mailbox

I went to dig a hole to put the mail box in. Nothing below the surface is easy on our land. I dug about 20 test holes and hit ledge at six inches on every one. Finally, I moved to the other side of the driveway and crafted a hole between rocks. I'm not sure this is going to work as I think the mailbox post will need to navigate a few twists and turns to get two feet below the surface. Well, here I am, the simple man again, this time with his mailbox. I figure it may be easier to just come out here and hold it every afternoon and wait for the mailman (actual mail woman) than trying to dig a proper hole without blasting.

1 comment:

  1. Oooops...I see Wayne slipped and said the L word (Ledge!)...there are many words that make us panic and the Lword is at the top of the Waynes list. Others emotioanal trigger words are Power, Culvert, and Transformer. On the top of Kim's list of words that she doesn't want to hear again for the rest of her life..or at least 6 months are the C word (Copper!), Simpson (as in beautiful but late & expensive doors) and cap (long story that even talkative Kim doesn't want to tell).

    ReplyDelete