Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kitchen Design Session II with Kelley

My sister Kelley joined me at Home Depot on Saturday to fine tune the kitchen and bath cabinet selections. Kelley was SO excited that we have added a garage to our kitchen! A garage? Yes, a nook with a sliding door to hide our coffee pots. I can hear them sliding in their parking spots now.

Kelley puts everything away in her tidy kitchen, well, not Mya, Greg and the dog.. but practically everything. I'm sure Kelley would like to garage, possibly even tow MANY things currently on our counters. My raisens and almonds still have a place on the counter, although I will clean up my act when I move to a new house :)

We think we got a good deal from Home Depot as they are running a sale thru May 2nd, where the more you spend the more you save. You should have seen the look on Wayne's face as he tried to understand that adding cabinets to the laundry room was going to ... 'save us money'. After a while I felt like Lucy talking to Ricky Ricardo. So basically we are getting the kitchen, laundry room and 2 large bathroom cabinets from Home Depot and chose the Decora brand which have solid wood doors and drawers. For the kitchen we would like the Harmony, Cherry wood, Brandywine stain (www.decoracabinets.com/).

We still have to pick out countertops, but we are pretty sure we want to go with a local cement craftman. Here is a photo of a possible kitchen cabinet handles, nothing earth shattering, but a break from more dirt photos at least. BUT...for those partial to dirt photos - stay tuned for 'blasted dirt' hopefully later this week.


Possible handles:

No comments:

Post a Comment