Thursday, May 5, 2011

Snow in June ... it can't be

I talked to someone who's been in the area for a long time ... the conversation turned to the weather and that it was going to be 30 degrees tonight ... I was about to start joking about how it may snow in May but he stopped me in my tracks when he said .... "hey, that's not unusual, I remember it's snowed as late as June 9th". 

Since I started thinking of being in a snow parka to get the mail in early July, I thought it best to do a little research for the Northwest Hills of Connecticut:
  • May 9th is the average last day of frost in Northwest Hills   
  • October 6th is the average first day of frost in Northwest Hills   
Not bad ... warm enough from May to early October to really enjoy all the outdoor activity this area has to offer without bundling up ... and maybe, just maybe this has been an unusual winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment