Sunday, August 8, 2010

Big progress on the Barn

With the slab in, Art made great progress on the Barn.  I called Jason from Superior Door and he will hopefully be putting in the garage doors at the end of this week.

Here are the windows on the side that faces the house.  Art also put in the windows on the other side as well as the back ones that you can see in a picture below.
The roof is about half on.  Here you can see the color and we may put this roof on the main house instead of asphalt.  We need to see the difference in cost.  Four of the barn roof panels were damaged in shipping, but I think we'll have them put on anyway.  Wes didn't seem to think we would really notice and we can get back a small credit.

Here is a view of the upstairs.  Art has the floor covered with plastic to protect it, but it's pretty much done.  You can see to the right (where Brie is looking) that the front is not done yet, but I think once the roof is on, that's next.  Art has already made the front door.  Wes and I talked about the lighting in this space, and we're going with three lights plus a couple near the stairs.  this is very bare bones, but lots of light for our aging eyes.  We plan on using the space for storage, but I was hoping Kim could set up for a Yoga room.

The stairs are in as well and we can see Brie waiting for me.  Actually, I asked her to lay down so I could take a picture of the stairs with her in it.  To the right of the stairs you can see a cement wall.  We have that all around the back and some of the sides of the barn as we had to cut it into the hill.  Not a great look.  Wes and I decided to fir the cement calls and then use the extra pine we have from Country Carpenters side the inside so we'll be covering most of the cement.

No comments:

Post a Comment